Team Leader Compliance
MACKAY REGIONAL COUNCIL
Team Leader Compliance
Team Leader Compliance is a supervisory role that provides regulatory and education on development compliance matters to the Mackay Region. Matters include but not limited to building, plumbing and land use matters.
The varying duties of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Providing supervision and guidance to Development Compliance staff on land use and building compliance matters, including the actioning of client requests.
- Review, evaluate and implement policies and Standard Operating Procedures relating to Development Compliance, to ensure an efficient and effective client focus of service is maintained.
- Develop the team through a range of business improvements relating to the delivery of the Development Compliance team
- Investigate reports of unlawful and non-complying land use, building activity and breaches of conditions of approval.
- Undertake action to ensure compliance including liaison with offenders, follow up inspections, correspondence, service of notices, obtaining supporting technical and legal advice, collection of evidence and coordinating legal actions where appropriate.
- Negotiate (in consultation with Coordinator Development Compliance and/or Manager Health & Regulatory Services) on matters relating to development compliance with other Council Departments, legal advisers and other stakeholders.
- Collect and prepare evidence for legal actions undertaken within Councils Development Compliance Section and represent Council and act as a witness in legal proceedings.
In return for your valued contribution you will be rewarded with;
- Salary range from $82,036 - $96,822.
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a full statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
Applications Close: 10th October 2019
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: