Community Development Coordinator - Mackay, Qld
Feros Care is proud to partner with the NDIS to deliver Local Area Coordination services in your community.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to facilitate and implement a range of innovative and educational activities within your local community.
As a Community Development Coordinator (CDC), you will engage people with disability and their families, NDIS stakeholder organisations and broader community organisations to help build the capacity of the local community to remove barriers to inclusion; supporting individuals to be self-determining, resourceful and resilient and service providers to be more flexible, responsive and person centred.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and participate in a range of engagement and capacity building activities including: workshops, information sessions, presentations, expos, festivals, meetings etc
- Implement and lead comprehensive multi-faceted community engagement and capacity building initiatives which promote diversity, inclusion and cultural awareness together with the engagement and participation of people living with disability who are from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), LGBTI and/or socially disadvantaged backgrounds
- Participate in local planning committees to effectively roll out strategic community development and capacity building plans
- Identify community needs, service gaps and barriers to access through liaising and consulting with people with disabilities and their families, disability service providers and community organisations
- Budget management and the management of casual staff and volunteers
What will you bring to the table?
- Significant proven experience working with community groups and organisations
- Have a good understanding of community capacity building models
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are a must
- High level of computer literacy
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences, marketing or similar experience
- Demonstrated project management and event experience
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in new program development, implementation and rollout
- Experience and Knowledge of the Disability sector and the NDIS legislation, frameworks, guidelines and implementation program
- Ability to work flexible hours, dependant on work requirements
- Current drivers licence
Work Perks(the goodies!):
- Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged careand disability industries
- Smash your New Year’s resolutions with a free gym membership
- Keeping health and wellbeing at the top of mind, take advantage of ourEmployee Assistance Program
- Salary packagingthrough Access Pay
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- You’ll be backedby a training and development team committed to your continuous face to face and online learning
- Trulyfun,flexible and supportive workenvironment – we walk the talk
- A chance to be recognised and rewarded
- Plus,meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the localcommunity everyday
Feros Care is a multi-award winning not-for-profit organisation offering a range of aged, disability and community care services. What we care most about is helping people to live bolder lives. Better connected. More active. More fulfilling.
We don’t just want our clients to live. We want them to dream. To get their feet wet and their hands dirty. To laugh, have friends, be happy. We call it growing bold and for over 30 years we’ve been making it real. What’s more, we know variety is the spice of life, so everyone is welcome and everyone matters.
Work with mountain bikers, comedians, trivia pros, musicians, single people, family people, happy people! We truly actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory.
The recruitment process:
- You’ll read this ad with a smile on your face and decide to apply
- We’ll reach out for a quick chat over the phone
- Meet some of the tribe in an interview
- You’re in, you got the job!
- You tell everyone how amazing your life has become
- You earn a sweet referral bonus for your friends we hire too
What are you waiting for? Need a little more convincing? Watch this!
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: